Mission Statement - Fairfield Strength:

To cultivate growth opportunities for children of all ages and abilities, bringing together the learned and the learning, in a spirit of helpfulness and respect, to improve our health and wellness, using fitness and sport as a medium to teach life lessons.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Congratulations - New Peer Fitness Trainers

It gives me great pleasure to announce the appointment of two new Level I Peer Fitness Trainers for the 08-09 school year: Kyle and David. Each peer trainer applicant is required to submit a letter of request listing their experience, what they have learned, and why they want to become a trainer - here is some of what Kyle and David had to say:

Kyle : I have attended all 4 sessions of Form and Function last year. I would like to be a trainer because I want to teach someone all that I have learned so that they can be strong. I have learned how to use the machines correctly and the free weights. I have learned how important it is for my health and I enjoy it.

David : I have taken all three sessions of Form and Function last year (fall, winter, spring) and I have learned how to work out correctly by using the right form. Ever since I started coming to Fitness Club after school I have been getting stronger and have been able to lift heavier objects so I can help around my house and neighborhood with more chores. I mow my lawn and my neighbors now, and help my Mom carry things she can't by herself. The reason I want to become a Peer Trainer is because I believe that I work well with other kids, especially younger ones. The more trainers there are, the more people will benefit.

Congratulation's to both our new trainers - Captain

No comments: