Mission Statement - Fairfield Strength:

To cultivate growth opportunities for children of all ages and abilities, bringing together the learned and the learning, in a spirit of helpfulness and respect, to improve our health and wellness, using fitness and sport as a medium to teach life lessons.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Congratulations to our new PFT


First we learn, we learn with a teacher's mind, knowing that someday we will share what we have learned. Then we practice, perfect practice, until we own the movement. Then we teach - This photo shows Dan, our newest PFT learning the triceps press. You have come so far, and yet your journey has just begun. Keep up the great work!!!


Fairfield Strength Welcomes A New PFT - Congratulations Dan!!

Dan -

Excellent job on your request for consideration. You have worked really hard in our program and I am very proud of you. Congratulations - on Thursday you start as a peer trainer. You will be on probation for at least 1 session. To complete probation you have to perform 1 pull up, 1 perfect push up, a box pistol on each leg, and perform the Turkish Get Up properly on each side. These physical challenges are in addition to maintaining the high standards of conduct that we expect from our trainers: respect, courtesy, and helpfulness. Keep up the great work.

Captain

-------------------------------------------------------
Dan's request for consideration:


Dear Captain,
This is Dan writing to become a peer fitness trainer.

I have attended 3 sessions of Fairfield Strength so far. I want to become a PFT because I think I could handle the responsibility of teaching others and helping others out. I also have the experience a PFT needs to teach others. I have learned so many workouts and ways to do those workouts correctly. I also learned that working out the wrong way will just make you worse and force a bad habit in your body and you will not be as strong.

Fairfield Strength has had many affects on my life. I have become a faster, stronger, and more agile through this program. These qualities have earned me more playing time in sports, helped me do better in gym, and put me in top physical shape. I hope I can become a peer fitness trainer very soon.

Thank You,
Dan

No comments: